Isn’t it amazing how a new year can breathe life back into you?
It has been a while since I’ve REALLY posted here and I must say, I’ve missed it. I’ve missed you. I apologize to anyone who may have come to my blog to find it forgotten over the last few months of 2014 (with the exception of a picture here and there). Those months were quite the whirlwind for someone I love very very dearly who had to overcome much adversity and everything else fell insignificant.
I feel as though I have lost touch with my oh-so-loved audience on this little blog I keep, so bear with me as we re-introduce ourselves over the next few posts.
Although there was difficulty, these last few months also offered many memorable moments:
- My love and I celebrated 5 years together
- Halloween was spent watching movies
- I cut and donated 12″ of hair
- Christmas was celebrated with family by the warmth of a roaring open fire
- We celebrated my Oma’s 80th with a gorgeous party on Boxing Day
- And a brand new year was invited with much love and happiness and I can tell this year, the universe is feeling ever so generous.
Today was a day where I woke to a blanket of thick air and an orchestra of bellowing fog horns. It was almost a year ago today I posted about leaving the thick white air to find sunlight. So I felt it almost necessary to try to find sunlight again, the mountains did not disappoint.
At this time of year, I can always trust in this beautiful land to paint my cheeks rosy. The gorgeous crisp air these mountains offer is so unlike anything else. In this cold, there is so much life, so much light, and having always taken to this green-dense highland, I can’t help but find comfort here.
A year later, in the same spot, with a new cup of tea, having learned so much since last breathing this air.
I am here…
I believe in the good things coming.